The Health Homes Program (HHP) is a federally funded program designed to improve the health outcomes of qualified Medi-Cal members with certain chronic conditions and complex medical needs. NEMS is a Community-Based Care Management Entity (CB-CME) that provides extensive care coordination services at no cost to members in San Francisco & Santa Clara County.
The Health Homes Program (HHP) can help members with the following:
- Comprehensive assessment and person-centered care planning
- Coordination of appointments, transportations, medication refills, interpretations, etc.
- Health Promotion to encourage lifestyle choices based on healthy behavior
- Comprehensive transitional care to foster a smooth discharge planning
- Individual and family support services
- Referral to community and social supports
- Housing navigation
HHP services are provided by a multidisciplinary team, which includes physicians, specialists, pharmacists, nurses, health educators, community social workers, nurse case managers, care coordinators, and more.
Each HHP enrolled member is assigned a Nurse Case Manager and a Care Coordinator. The NEMS HHP multidisciplinary care team will work with providers and vendors to coordinate HHP activities and to ensure members’ health care needs are met.
Click here to learn more about the NEMS Health Homes Program (HHP).